Sign up now
Australia Shopping Network. It's All About Shopping!
Categories

Posted: 2018-03-02 06:34:07

Updated March 02, 2018 17:45:41

There has been a third death linked to a national outbreak of listeria related to rockmelons.

Victoria's deputy chief health officer said five Victorians had been infected, and that one of those people had died after being hospitalised.

Dr Brett Sutton confirmed the victim had been diagnosed with listeriosis and subsequent testing linked them to the outbreak strain.

Dr Sutton would not provide the age or gender of the victim.

The Victorian cases range in age from 65 to 88, and included three men and two women.

All affected melons have been withdrawn from sale and distribution.

Dr Sutton said all states and territories were continuing to work together to investigate the national outbreak.

Two elderly people in New South Wales have also died.

The outbreak has been traced to a farm at Nericon, near Griffith in the Riverina in NSW.

More to come.

Topics: food-poisoning, food-safety

First posted March 02, 2018 17:17:49

View More
  • 0 Comment(s)
Captcha Challenge
Reload Image
Type in the verification code above